|Page (1) of 1 - 02/09/18||email article||print page|
Lounge Lizard Long Island Web Design Shares Five Tips for Choosing a Content Management System
NASSAU, N.Y., Feb. 9, 2018 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Lounge Lizard is globally recognized as a top New York Web Design Company, - within the web and mobile app development industry. Lounge Lizard's brandtenders are creative, tech-savvy, and passionate in developing innovative strategies that drive conversion for both startup and established clients of all industries, making them the "best of breed since 1998."
A content management system (CMS) enables you to organize, manage, create, and edit content in one centralized location. Users can organize, manage, create, and edit everything from blog posts to landing pages and emails. Though the CMSs you're likely to run across will be similar, no two CMSs are the same. Each will offer slightly different features, so you'll need to evaluate your options before selecting a product. Award-winning web design company, Lounge Lizard, explains how to select a CMS:
1. Establish or confirm goals. Content serves a purpose. To select a CMS with the necessary features, you will need to know your goals. The CMS you choose should support the tasks involved in executing your objectives. So, it's important to prioritize goals and set aside low priority tasks. You don't want a CMS built to assist you with goals that aren't at the top of your list. You want a CMS that makes it easier for you to accomplish that which is most important.
2. Evaluate how you will use the CMS by assessing its capabilities, features, and limitations. You probably already have a vague sense of how you plan to use your CMS to accomplish your goals. However, before selecting a CMS, it's best to think carefully about how you will use a CMS to organize, manage, create, and edit content. Ultimately, you want to select the CMS that is capable of being used how you intend to use it.
3. Think broadly. CMSs are not used in isolation. Most companies will connect them with their CRM. Consider how you hope to integrate your CMS and select a product that is compatible with the technology and software you use.
4. Request a demo and ask questions. Once you've narrowed your list of choices to 4-5, request a product demo or free trial. Invite those who will use the product to test drive it and share their thoughts. Your CMS must be liked by those who will use it.
5. Consider cost and the future. Though cost is a factor, it should not be the driving factor. You want a CMS that can grow with your company. If it will help you accomplish your most important goals, and if it will integrate with other software, and if it is liked by your team, it's worth the investment.
About Lounge Lizard: Lounge Lizard New York Web Design Company is an award-winning, high-end design boutique specializing in website and mobile app development, UX/UI, branding, and marketing. Lounge Lizard excels in creating the ultimate brand strategy, fully loaded with expertly crafted visuals that work together to increase sales and effectively communicate a client's unique personality.
Media Contact: Ken Braun, Lounge Lizard, 631-581-1000, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Lounge Lizard
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Internet,Digital Media Software,Web,Blogs/videoblogs,Sales,Marketing,CRM - Customer Relationship Management,Sales & Marketing,Internet,Web Design,Management,Sales,Web design,Sales,Internet Technology,Other,