|Page (1) of 1 - 03/07/18||email article||print page|
Top Website Development Company, Lounge Lizard, shares Why you need to Convert your Website to HTTPS Immediately
NASSAU COUNTY, N.Y., March 7, 2018 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Lounge Lizard is globally recognized as one of the top website development companies within the web design and development industry. Lounge Lizard's brandtenders are creative, tech-savvy, and passionate in developing innovative strategies that drive conversion for both startup and established clients of all industries, making them the "best of breed since 1998."
When Google first announced that they would make a change to their Chrome web browser regarding how it viewed non-HTTPS sites last year, it might not seemed like that big of deal. Newsflash – it is. Aside from the fact that Google strongly suggested that business who deal in secure transactions should make the switch, HTTPS sites also get a priority in both Google's search rankings and indexing. But those aren't the only reasons you should get on board with making a change. Today the NY based website development company, Lounge Lizard, shares why you need to convert your Website to HTTPS immediately.
1. Cost – For most people the cost of switching to HTTPS will be minimal if not free. Many hosting companies are offering free SSL certificates or at very low costs. Then it is just a matter of installing the certificate, updating or changing links, and then setting up the proper 301 redirects. As far as it goes for making your site more secure, the cost and time is very negligible.
2. Security – If your website transmits any type of sensitive data from passwords to credit card information then you should be doing everything that you can to ensure your customers' information is safe and secure. The primary reason Google has 'encouraged' businesses to make this switch is because they value the security it provides to your customers, many of whom are also their customers. Also, as people become used to the idea of HTTPS it increases the likelihood they won't use sites that don't have it.
3. SEO – As was mentioned, Google will give priority to HTTPS sites over HTTP which is a minor benefit to your SEO. However, using HTTPS also gives you access to HTTP/2 which can affect your website speed in a positive manner. As speed and site performance is directly related to user preference and satisfaction, which are both ranking signals for Google and other browsers, this will help with your SEO and rankings.
4. Usability – Fun fact, some embedded codes, elements and tools will not work when navigating between HTTP and HTTPS. This can cause a number of headaches for your business if you want to use mixed content and your site isn't using HTTPS while the sites you want to interact with do.
5. Credibility – Security is a huge concern to consumers and it is often directly related to the overall credibility of a business. Business that display security indicators like a VeriSign Secured badge or a Norton Secured badge can instill trust with users. Statistics clearly back up not only that people find it more trustworthy, but also that people are more likely to abandon a purchase or transaction if they feel their data is at risk due to an insecure connection. With Chrome displaying a 'Not Secure' message for sites not using HTTPS, people might determine that your site isn't a safe, credible location to do business compared to alternatives.
Lounge Lizard Website Development Company is an award-winning, high-end design boutique specializing in website and mobile app development, UX/UI, branding, and marketing. Lounge Lizard excels in creating the ultimate brand strategy, fully loaded with expertly crafted visuals that work together to increase sales and effectively communicate a client's unique personality.
Media Contact: Ken Braun, Lounge Lizard, 631-581-1000, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Lounge Lizard
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Computers/Peripherals,Displays,Internet,Web,Search,Security,browser,Google,Internet Technology,Business,Browsers,Other,