|Page (1) of 1 - 03/20/17||email article||print page|
eBay To Roll Out Guaranteed Delivery For 20 Million Items
SAN JOSE, Calif., March 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- This summer eBay will roll out Guaranteed Delivery in the United States, providing faster and more precise delivery dates for shoppers. At launch, eBay will guarantee delivery in 3 days or less on 20 million eligible items millions of which will offer free shipping. In addition, shoppers will also be able to search for and filter items by 1- and 2-day delivery.
"While the majority of items on eBay already ship within 3 days or less, as well as for free, Guaranteed Delivery will give shoppers even faster delivery options and the confidence that their items will arrive on time," said Hal Lawton, Senior Vice President of North America at eBay.
Today's shoppers expect fast delivery and want to know exactly when their purchases will arrive. Guaranteed Delivery will provide that to them at no additional cost, including:
- Guaranteed Delivery Dates: Items arrive by delivery date, guaranteed
- More Search Options: Ability to filter, sort and search items by a guaranteed delivery date
- Increased Confidence: If an item doesn't arrive by the delivery date, eBay will make it right*
Sellers who qualify will experience a range of benefits with the rollout of two new tools aimed at increasing sales, including:
- More Sales: Sellers will find new buyers by making items searchable by delivery date
- More Control: Sellers set their own regional rates, working days and handling time cut-offs
- Happier Customers: Guaranteed Delivery is the second most important criterion for online shoppers (right after free shipping)
"We're very excited about eBay's Guaranteed Delivery," said Brett Thome, Vice President of Business Development at Spreetail (eBay store: VMInnovations). "There are so many great sellers on eBay delivering an incredible shipping experience where they deliver in 2 days, and even next day, so the ability to highlight Guaranteed Delivery will further increase customer confidence and satisfaction."
Guaranteed Delivery will launch this summer with no additional cost to sellers. However, sellers must meet a required set of shipping standards to participate. Sellers can sign-up for more information by visiting eBay's Guaranteed Delivery page.
eBay By the Numbers
- eBay has 167 million active buyers
- 1.1 billion listings are available at any given time
- 87% of GMV on eBay is fixed price
- 80% of merchandise sold on eBay is new
- 67% of eBay transactions ship for free
- 63% of eBay packages are delivered within 3 days or less
- Virtually all of the items on eBay are backed by a Money Back Guarantee
- eBay apps have been downloaded 348 million times across the globe
* If a guaranteed item arrives late, the buyer can request to have their cost of shipping refunded. If the shipping was free, then the buyer will receive a coupon to be used towards their next eBay purchase. Alternatively, the buyer can also choose to return the item at no cost.
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace, StubHub and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world's largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection. In 2016, eBay enabled $84 billion of gross merchandise volume. For more information about the company and its global portfolio of online brands, visit www.ebayinc.com.
Ryan Moore, eBay
408-376-7528 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ebay-to-roll-out-guaranteed-delivery-for-20-million-items-300425914.html
SOURCE eBay Inc.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords: Inc., Business,