|Page (1) of 1 - 05/17/17||email article||print page|
section.io Adds New Security and Performance Tools to Its Modular Content Delivery Grid(May 17, 2017)
BOULDER, Colo., May 17, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- section.io, a Boulder-based Content Delivery Grid, today announced the release of several new products and features on their website performance and security platform.
section.io is the only content delivery solution that provides users with a choice of both open source and proprietary reverse proxies, including unmodified versions of Varnish Cache and ModSecurity, so that developers can gain complete control over their performance and security configuration. Since January, section.io has added the following reverse proxies to their platform:
- Threat X: A next-generation WAF that detects and blocks threats intelligently without developers needing to manage a complex ruleset.
- PageSpeed: Developed by Google, PageSpeed performs over 40 front end optimizations including image optimizations and CSS minification.
- Varnish Cache 5.1.2: section.io is the only content delivery solution to offer the latest version of this popular caching software. section.io also allows users to choose older versions of Varnish Cache including Varnish 3.0.5, 4.0.1, 4.0.3, 5.0 and 5.1.1.
“The modularity of section.io’s platform allows us to rapidly add new reverse proxies, ensuring websites always have access to the best website performance and security tools. section.io users will never have to deploy new reverse proxies separately from their content delivery network or worry about being locked in to outdated tools, making section.io a truly future-proof solution,” said Stewart McGrath, CEO and co-founder of section.io.
In addition, section.io has released several new monitoring and metrics features to further meet their goal of being the most DevOps-integrated content delivery solution on the market. These tools are included with every section.io account, and enable developers to gather baseline data before making any website improvements, easily view the impact of changes or an increase in traffic on website performance, and continually troubleshoot issues that arise.
New core features are:
- Synthetic Monitoring: section.io’s synthetic monitoring conducts regular tests on users’ websites and the websites of chosen competitors to illustrate how their website performs over time. These ongoing, automatic tests provide valuable historical data not available through free tools like WebPageTest or Pingdom.
- Visualized Metrics: section.io has updated its robust metrics system with customizable graphs from Grafana that allow users to easily view statistics and fine-tune their configurations based on the insights provided.
- Load Balancing: Users can set up load balancing in front of their origin servers to automatically route traffic based on predefined rules such as adjusting for when servers are slow or down.
section.io will continue to add to its reverse proxy selection and core feature set over the coming months. Users interested in trying section.io can sign up for a free 14 day trial at section.io/sign-up/.
section.io is the only website performance, scalability, and security platform which gives developers the control they need to achieve unmatched website speed and reliability. Unlike legacy Content Delivery Networks, section.io provides a software-defined Content Delivery Grid that enables developers to easily customize their web performance and security compositions while integrating with modern development workflows.
CONTACT: Roxana Elliott firstname.lastname@example.org